Not updating health status on MySejahtera isn’t an offence, compounds cancelled – Ismail Sabri

By , in COVID19 Nation on .

KUALA LUMPUR, June 7 — Failing to update one’s health status on the MySejahtera application is not an offence under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 (Act 342) and should not be compounded, says Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

In this regard, he said the compounds which had been issued by any enforcement officer on the alleged offence should be cancelled.

“Enforcement officers are also urged not to misinterpret the standard operating procedures (SOP) enforced by the government,” he said in a statement on the Movement Control Order (MCO) here, today.

On Saturday, it was reported that 29 workers of an oil and gas company were compounded RM2,000 each while two chicken processing factory workers were issued an RM1,500 compound each for not updating their health status on the MySejahtera application when entering the work premises.

mysejahtera

Perak police chief Datuk Mior Faridalathrash Wahid was later quoted as saying that the compounds would be cancelled.

Ismail Sabri said, however, although the matter was not an offence under Act 342, the people should have integrity and a sense of responsibility to update their status on the application.

He said this was because MySejahtera was an application developed by the government to help in monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country by enabling users to carry out self-assessments on their health status.

“As such, the application is not only to scan codes to enter premises, but more importantly, it is to make daily updates. In fact, every time when necessary depending on our movements and activities,” he said, adding that the people should be truthful when updating information about themselves.

In the meantime, Ismail Sabri said if companies or factories flout the SOP by operating over the permitted hours and violating the work from home directive, only the employers would be issued with compounds, and not the workers.

 “If it occurs, the enforcement action would be taken against the employer or company. This is because the offence was not committed by the workers as they have to comply with the directive of the employer.

“So, the action to compound can be issued against the company, factory or employer which gave the order,” he said.

According to Ismail Sabri, from June 1 to date, 41 compounds had been issued to business premises for failing to comply with MCO 3.0 SOP.

Meanwhile, he said several localities in Sabah would be placed under Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) from June 9 to 22.

They were Taman Perdana, Lahad Datu; Kampung Narandang, Kudat and Kampung Tanjung Batu Darat, Taman Apas Permai,  Bandar Sri Indah, Taman Megah Jaya and Jalan Budi, Sri Tanjung in Tawau.

The EMCO would also be imposed on Politeknik Sultan Azlan Shah, Muallim, Perak during the same period.

Ismail Sabri also announced that the EMCO at Taman Seri Ketiau and Taman Desa Seri Ketiau in Putatan; Kampung Sungai Imam, Tawau, Sabah and at three sub-districts in Lipis, Pahang would be lifted tomorrow as scheduled.

Meanwhile, the EMCO at Bandar Triang, Bera, Pahang which was scheduled to end on June 11 would also end tomorrow.

BERNAMA

Recommended articles